Sunday, July 3, 2011

WRITING FEATURES

I've been trying to write all the features that I have on my mind, so when the opportunity comes, I'll have a variety of genres written. Well just as suspected, I got a call from a producer associate of mine looking for a low-budget comedy. Thankfully, I had a comedy written from 2001. I did a rewrite on it and I feel that it's still funny, so I sent it to him. A few weeks later, I hear from him but he hadn't read the script. He wanted a synopsis. So I knocked out a 6 page synopsis for the comedy

We talk a bit and he asks for other films I have completed. I told him about the suspense/thriller I had in mind for Halle Berry. He tells me he's shopping for financing on another script for her. I was shocked. He asked me to send him my script as well, with a synopsis. So I'm writing that synopsis now.

Overall, I feel like I'm moving in slow motion even though I'm avidly working hard on finishing the scripts. I'm in the middle of two scripts now. A horror and a drama.

I am hoping to have them finished by this 3rd quarter so I can start my autobiography and another action/drama in the 4th quarter.

I encourage you writers out there to be dedicated and committed to finishing your scripts.

No comments:

Post a Comment