Monday, January 4, 2010

They That Wait!

I'm inspired today by Fred Hammond's new song with John P. Kee - They That Wait. In this quest to find a new job since graduating has been a trying one. But I must admit God has kept me in his care. I have no family to live with in L.A. I've been motel hopping since September; but I'm still here. I thank God I haven't had to sleep in my car during my permanent job-hunting days. I've been blessed to have temporary jobs to pay my weekly motel fees, my car insurance, my cellphone bills. I have truly been blessed. And I intend to keep waiting on the Lord. For they that wait upon the Lord... Hallelujah!

Every since I was a little girl that has been one of the main bible verses that has been embedded in my mind. In actuality, what I've learned is God is actually waiting on us. He's waiting on us to get off our butts and put in the work. Once I stopped crying and got up off the floor and enrolled back in college, God has been guiding my steps. I know it was him because this path has been a rough one and he has helped me to overcome some generational curses. All of my family was in shock when I went back to college and quit all of my jobs. You know what? I don't regret one minute of it. Soon after I went back I won 2 scholarships. I was the first to win the Coca-Cola foundation scholarship at my school. No one there had even heard of it. I then went on to win my 1st Telly Award for a school departmental commercial that I wrote and directed. Then, when I was near graduation at Houston Community College, I received a letter stating that I had won 2 more scholarships. I returned them because I was moving to LA. Then in my last semester of college at CSULA, I won 2 more scholarships. God was moving in my favor and I had no worries.

So now that I'm finished with a degree in TV, Film & Media Studies, I will continue to work so that God will continue to work in my favor. I'm back on the grind of exercising, writing my scripts and projects and continuing to help others. Though this time seems so long to me, I know God will come through right on time just as long as I'm doing my part.

What are you not doing that's blocking God's favor in your life? What should you be doing while you are waiting on the Lord? Are you being lazy, bitter, and evil or are you working toward your destiny, and helping others? I encourage you to work while you wait on your breakthrough. Yes, it's a hard thing to do but with God all things are possible. Trust me, I know lol. Be blessed!

3 comments:

  1. This is so on point Patricia...I've been busy with the kids and hadn't had a chance to sit down and read them but I'm on board now...loving it! Stay blessed and Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look at the past, and I find myself somewhat ashamed. I had gone through a 13 year depression, which caused me to totally shut down on all I was pursuing. Up until a year and a half ago, I was doing nothing to move myself forward as an Indie FilmMaker/ Producer. Seemingly when I tried, I was double crossed. I have always known, because I was taught that one must work to achieve. I admit to having been lazy, rolling around in self pity. These days, I am writing, re-writing, actually filming short scenes to hoan my technical skills. I have seen friends and associates get into selling dope to make the fast money. They record and put out CD's, but lack the true business knowledge and drive, I have always waited on the Lord. I do realize now Pat, that HE has been waiting on me. HERE I COME LORD !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comments put a smile on my face. I'm so happy that my words are being understood and accepted. We all are going to be blessed for realizing our own problems and seeking to change them.

    ReplyDelete